Secrets is set in 1910 in a country town in Iowa. A prominent doctor, Will Berter, lives in an upper class home with his much younger wife, Etta, their 14-year old daughter, Anna, and their maid, Edwina. Hailus, a summer houseguest, arrives and he becomes the center of attention, eventually fathering an illigitemate child. This causes a chain reaction of moral and emotional delemma which destroys lives and the family.
- Starring: Veronica Hamel, Richard Kiley and Julie Harris
- Director(s): Jud Taylor
- Producer(s): Signboard Hill Productions
- Screenwriter(s): Barbara Esstman, Jerome Kass
- Distributor: Hallmark Home Entertainment
- Release Date: Thursday, January 04, 1996
- Rating: Believed Acceptable
Featured Animal Action
Horses are used in the film. All the scenes are brief. A horse is used in several scenes trotting and pulling a carriage. Horses are also seen in the background at a coral. In one scene, horses are seen hitched to a post as it rains heavily in the foreground. Although American Humane was not on set during the actual filming of the animals, a representative of the Forsyth Humane Society did inspect the set and reviewed shooting procedures with the production company.