Mighty Wind, A
Christopher Guest follows up his acclaimed ensemble comedies, "Best In Show" and "Waiting For Guffman" with a docu-comedy about three folk groups from the 1960’s who reunite for a memorial concert in New York City, following the death of legendary folk manager, Irving Steinbloom.
- Starring: Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara and Harry Shearer
- Director(s): Christopher Guest
- Producer(s): Castles Rock Entertainment
- Screenwriter(s): Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy
- Distributor: Warner Brothers
- Animal Coordinator: Robin Lundine
- Release Date: Wednesday, April 16, 2003
- Rating: Acceptable
Featured Animal Action
A group of kids ride Shetland Ponies in an attempt to play polo. All of the young actors who were chosen knew how to ride and were comfortable with horses. They were prepped with the animals before filming began and for safety all the actors wore helmets. The trainers helped the actors to mount the ponies and placed the ponies in a line. A rubber ball was placed on the ground and the actors used their polo sticks to try and move the ball around. The cameraman used a hand held camera to get up close, using various camera angles. Several trainers stood just off camera as the scene was being filmed.