A couple who keeps their infirmed son in a controlled environment, find themselves tested by a girl who moves next door.
- Starring: Samantha Morton, Michael Shannon
- Director(s): John McNaughton
- Producer(s): Steven A. Jones, Kimberly Jose, David Robinson
- Screenwriter(s): Stephen Lancellotti
- Distributor: TBD
- Animal Coordinator: All Star Animals
- Release Date: Saturday, October 19, 2013
- Rating: Special Circumstances
Featured Animal Action
American Humane Association Film & Television Unit monitored this film. However, the film has earned a Monitored Unacceptable rating due to production ignoring the Migratory Bird Act and including birds for commerce in their film. Moreover, a bird escaped and was not retrieved.
In the scene where the crow lands on some bushes outside of a house, props constructed a cage of bird netting on a frame outside the house’s window over a patch of corn. Production put up a wooden dowel in the corn used for the birds to perch on. After filming the bird on the perch, trainers retrieved the animal.