In this irreverent comedy, a failed actor-turned-worse-high-school-drama-teacher rallies his Tucson, AZ students as he conceives and stages politically incorrect musical sequel to Shakespeare's Hamlet.
- Starring: Evan Adrian, David Arquette, Steve Coogan and Catherine Keener
- Director(s): Andrew Fleming
- Producer(s): Eric Eisner
- Screenwriter(s): Pam Brady, Andrew Fleming
- Distributor: Focus Features
- Animal Coordinator: Animal Actors, Inc.
- Release Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008
- Rating: Acceptable
Featured Animal Action
Dan (Evan Adrian) lies on the floor of his living room while his pet cat sits next to him, pawing at him. Before filming began, the actor and cat were introduced to each other and the trainer instructed the actor on the handling of the cat. The actor took his place on the floor and a trainer put the cat on its mark and cued the cat verbally to put its foot up on the actor. The trainer secured and checked the set ahead of time to make sure it was safe for the cat. Due to late notification or limited resources, American Humane did not monitor all of the cat action.