Butter is a film about Freddy Roland who works in the record business with Blusette, his foster sister, and "8-Ball", one of the most powerful men in the record industry. After finding Blusette dead, Freddy finds himself on the run from the people he thought he could trust.
- Starring: Shemar Moore, Nia Long, Ernie Hudson
- Director(s): Peter Gathings Bunche
- Producer(s): Butter Films, Inc.
- Screenwriter(s): Peter Gathings Bunche
- Animal Coordinator: Unknown
- Release Date: Thursday, October 16, 1997
- Rating: Acceptable
Featured Animal Action
In one scene a dog is carried by an actress and then set on the floor. The trainer placed the dog with the actress and cued it with verbal commands. There is another scene where a guard dog runs into a room and barks at a couple. The actress throws a ball into a walk-in safe and as the dog runs in after it, they shut the door. The sounds of the dog barking from inside the safe were inserted during postproduction. Other animal action consists of some ducks swimming on a lake while actors sit in a paddleboat.